I am a current scholar at South Mountain Community College
The Dorrance South Mountain Community College Scholarship is a need-based award providing financial assistance to single parents who are sole providers for their family and who are continuing their education after an interruption of one year or more. The award is renewable for up to two years, a total of six semesters of undergraduate study. Scholarships are renewed based on academic standing, participation in program events and activities and community service projects. Applicants must meet all eligibility criteria.
Eligible applicants meet all of the following criteria:
- Single parent who is the sole provider of his/her family, returning to school for additional education after an interruption of one year or more
- Currently registered for classes at South Mountain Community College in an Associate’s Degree program or other approved program of specialization
- Minimum cumulative 2.75 GPA
- Demonstrate financial need as exhibited by the FAFSA (www.fafsa.ed.gov)
- Consortium Agreement on file if attending classes at more than one Maricopa Community Colleges campus
- Demonstrate evidence of motivation and potential for higher education
- Do not hold a prior higher education degree
- This is a competitive award and selection for funding is not guaranteed
Up to $4,000 annually, renewable. No more than 6 semesters (3 years) of funding will be provided.
Note: Scholarship dollars may affect eligibility for Government Assistance.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative 2.75 GPA
- Complete a minimum of 18 credit hours within the academic year (fall and spring semesters)
- Complete a minimum of 12 volunteer hours per academic year
- Attend all orientations, meetings and events as scheduled by the Dorrance Advisor
- Submit a renewal request and a Year End Report by May 1
- Update FAFSA annually
- In addition to any other terms and conditions, the number and amount of all Arizona Community Foundation scholarship awards and renewals is contingent on the availability of funding