Online Privacy and Cookies Policy
Last updated: October 1, 2019
Dorrance Scholarship Programs, LLC (“DSP,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) recognizes the importance of protecting personal information collected from you online. We are committed to taking reasonable steps to maintain the security, integrity, and privacy of your information in accordance with this Online Privacy and Cookies Policy.
Our policy is designed to help you understand how we collect, use and safeguard information we collect online. This policy does not apply to information collected offline.
Personal Information From Minors
If you are less than 18 years old, you must obtain your parent or guardian’s consent before you submit any personal information about yourself through our website or online application process. We do not collect personal information from children under the age of 13. No one under the age of 13 is allowed to submit personal information to us online.
How We Collect Information
DSP may collect personal information from you in the following ways: (1) directly from your input online, such as through our scholarship application software; and (2) automatically through our website technologies including tracking online, such as by web cookies (which are small text files created by websites that are stored on your computer).
Information We Collect
The types of personal information that DSP collects from you may include:
- Contact details, such as your name, email address, postal address, and telephone number
- Information you provide in connection with the online scholarship application process such as:
- Test scores
- Student aid reports
- Information about your extracurricular activities
- Employment and volunteer service information
- Information about your family
- Demographic information
- Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses used to connect your computer to the internet
- Tracking codes such as cookies
- Usernames and passwords
Third Party Websites
DSP’s website may include links to other third-party websites. In using such links, please be aware that each third-party website is subject to its own privacy and data protection policies and is not covered by our Online Privacy and Cookies Policy.
Use of Your Information
Information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To evaluate scholarship applications;
- To improve our scholarship program operation and offerings;
- To improve our website; and
- To send periodic emails.
Protecting Your Information
We will use appropriate physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect your data. Access to your personal data will be restricted to only those who need to know that information. In addition, we train our employees about the importance of maintaining the confidentiality and security of your information.
Sharing Your Information
DSP does not sell or rent personal information to others. We do not provide personal information to third-parties, except as follows:
- Where you have provided consent to share the information; and
- Where DSP is required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities and government agencies, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; to comply with a subpoena or other legal process; or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights.
Please note that DSP’s Online Privacy and Cookies Policy is reviewed periodically. We will update the policy with the changes and revise the “last updated” date posted at the top of this policy. Any updates to the policy will be effective on the date of posting. Your use of the DSP website following an update means that you accept the updated Online Privacy and Cookies Policy. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.